Unibg International -Institutional information : Admission
Unibg International
Home > ECTS Guide (edition 2014/15) > Institutional information: Admission



Admission to the University

Admission to Italian Universities is possible only if the student holds a Diploma di scuola secondaria superiore ("A" Levels/Higher School Certificate) gained after 5 years at a high school, or a recognized School Certificate gained abroad. In most cases, a test to ascertain the student's initial level of competences is compulsory.
Foreign students or Italians arriving from secondary school studies abroad are admitted once their qualifications have been judged suitable. Enrolment is open at all public Universities, except for the Faculties of Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science and at "Libere Università", but some courses have a quota.

General criteria for the University of Bergamo

A compulsory test to ascertain the student's initial level of competences is required for admission to degree courses in the Faculties of Economics and Business Administration, Educational Studies, Engineering, Foreign Languages and Literatures (only for the Three-year degree course in Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures), Human Sciences, and Law.
An admission test is required for admission to the Three-year degree course (Faculty of Educational Studies) in Psychological Studies (which has a quota of 300 enrolments).

Enrolment For Foreign Students (not on exchange programmes)

This is done through the Students' Office.
A limited number of places are available for foreign students not enrolled in Exchange Programmes. Non-EU students who are resident in a foreign country should forward their request through the Italian consulates in their home country within the periods and following the procedures set each year by the MIUR (Italian Ministry of Education) – see Website www.miur.it > Università > studenti > studenti stranieri).
EU students, wherever they reside, and non-EU students resident in Italy can apply directly to the University within the same time limits applying to Italian students.

Enrolment For Foreign Students (LLP/ERASMUS and other similar agreements)

This is done through the International Office (Ufficio internazionalizzazione).
Before leaving for Italy, students must complete the "ECTS Application Form", "ECTS Learning Agreement", "ECTS Transcript of Records" and all required attachments, available from the University of Bergamo and from the Website www.unibg.it/incoming in the details of admission procedures. All these documents must be sent by:

  • 30 June for enrolment in the 1st Semester or the Academic Year
  • 1 November for enrolment in the 2nd Semester.

As well, students must remember to bring with them the following:

  • valid Passport (or Identity Card for EU citizens)
  • the European Health Insurance Card (or a Private Health Insurance Policy)
  • a document proving they are ERASMUS students or "International Student"
  • a Passport-sized photograph.

Following admission, students will receive a "Student Card" (US Card) which gives access to University services as well as free Internet and e-mail access.

Further information is available at: www.studiare-in-italia.it