Go to the page "program"
to download papers, abstracts and ppt presentations
Here you can see the suggested content of country study:
- brief history of motorways construction and operation; length of free/ toll
- for each operator of a toll motorway: origin of concession (if concession was
acquired for a new construction, terms of tender; otherwise, terms and conditions of
privatisation); ownership; length of motorways operated; period of concession; cost of
toll/km; increase of tariffs over time; main financial data; tariff adjustment regulation;
new investment regulation; regulatory authority; regulation experience.
- Total costs (at national level), including taxes, paid annually by users of
motorways (or other road transport infrastructures).
- Public agency in charge of construction/operation of free motorways. Financial
data of such agency (or government department): maintenance costs (total and per km);
investment flows. Outsourcing and procurement policies. Is such agency included in the
consolidated Public Administration accounts according to Eurostat?
- Estimate of overall impact of motorways (and road) sector on the consolidated
Public Administration accounts (according to Eurostat). It might be interesting to include
such estimate for other transport sectors, such as railways, ports, air travel, if data are
- Prospects for developments in this sector: policies and